Connecticut Continuing Education COURSE
Going Green: The Environmental Movement in Real Estate
The trend to “go green” extends beyond weekly recycling efforts and the latest hybrid SUV. This movement continues to gain traction in the real estate market, so it benefits industry professionals to understand green home qualifications, eco-friendly remodeling options, and energy-efficient technology.
This course provides you with the information you need to successfully guide your eco-minded clients. Whether you’re helping a buyer find a newly constructed green home or advising a seller on green remodeling efforts to improve a listing, you’ll be able to provide your clients with support they need.
Course highlights include:
- Green footprints, sustainability, and the environmental effects of energy-efficient homes
- Green renovation options, such as the use of renewable flooring, tubular skylights, xeriscaping, and more
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), the Partnership for Advancing Technology in Housing (PATH), and ENERGY STAR®
- Green property requirements, as outlined by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Statistics on the cost-saving benefits of green remodeling efforts and energy-efficient technology and appliances
- Tips for inexpensive, yet effective green makeovers that make homes more appealing to eco-conscious buyers